- 08-Aug-2014 to 01-Dec-2014 (HST)
- Operations (Ops)
- HI, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Project Controller
Employee Type: Full-time; Salary Exempt
Required Travel: Yes
Relocation Covered: TBD
Manages Others: Yes
Posted Date: 08/07/2014
Who We Are:
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, DBE, and EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
To be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
We are seeking a Project Controller to join our Ohana. This position is located in Hawaii.
The Project Controller is responsible for supporting one or more Business units. Projects and engages teams through successful management of financial analysis; the reconciliation process and through the implementation and enforcement of project management controls. They provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project management team(s) by assisting with initiating and controlling organization and logistical aspects of projects.
Maintains adherence to NHV's standards of safety
Conducts project meetings and sets milestones
Perform and support a Program Management Office ("PMO") functional tasks and supports day-to-day contract management activities;
Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements.
Meets with client regularly to discuss performance, propose initiatives, and establish priorities.
Ensures fair treatment of subcontractors at all times
Negotiates subcontract change orders
Manages project budget and monitors supporting glide slopes
Understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management; and, risk management
Ensures that required documentation is filed
Perform various financial analyses, such as reconciliations and variance analysis;
Writes comprehensive and complex work plans and reports
Other duties as assigned
• Must demonstrate expertise in research and demonstrate superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Should have mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Power Point), Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure and background knowledge of one (I) or more critical infrastructure sectors.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or a combination of education/technical training or equivalent 8 to 10 years' experience.
• 8 to10 plus years of experience in Federal Government Contracting.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts to forecast and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.;
• Briefing an executive audience (SES, Flag Officer or industry equivalent).
• Experience with governmental accounting principles and procedures, specifically Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
• Should be able to perform triage on questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical infrastructures and key resources.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related training and education preferred
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to think creatively while identifying problems and developing solutions.
• Familiar with working in an ISO 9000 Process Improvement environment.
To apply for this position, please complete our online Employment Application form by visiting http://nativehawaiianveterans.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Only applicants that apply via our Employment Application will be considered.
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is an EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!