- 28-Feb-2013 to 31-Mar-2013 (HST)
- Operations (Ops)
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI, USA
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, DBE, and EOE/W/M/V/D Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
We are seeking a Theater Security Health Cooperation Analyst to join our Ohana. This position will be located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam (JBPHH), Hawaii.
• Draft proposals for planning and policy related joint planning groups, operational planning teams and working group sessions in order to successfully accomplish the mission related to all approved OAA. Ensures Components health engagements tie into the PACOM TCP and IMOs.
• Provide planning support and propose recommendations in the development and execution of USPACOM plans as required, to include, but not limited to: Instruction Letters, Planning Orders, Concept of Operations development, Mission Analysis, Alert Orders, Execute Orders, Fragmentary Orders and other implementation documents consistent with the Joint Operations Planning and Execution System (JOPES) and the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP). Develop Support to Management and Resources for Technical Services (SMARTS) MOEs and tracks over time.
• Assist USPACOM J07 in maintaining Phase 0 Health capacity and capability and medical intelligence situational awareness of the 36 USPACOM theater nations through review and analysis of the content of professional journals, Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) such as magazine, newspaper and other news articles, international newspapers, DoD published information, Joint Staff (JS) and other Geographic and Functional Combatant Command published information, and attendance at work groups and conferences, and web based information (e.g., WHO, CDC, Flu-trackers, Argus, HealthMap, Medical Situational Awareness Tool (or similar), ProMed, National Center for Medical Intelligence, etc.). Assist in development and updating individual nation health status reviews for each of the 36 nations in the USPACOM Area of Responsibility (AOR). ICW FHP, develop baseline country assessments and country health end states tied to the PACOM TCP and IMOs.
• Review, recommend, and draft updates to OPLAN annexes as required by adaptive planning process.
• Recommend changes and prepare draft revisions to service component supporting TSC plans and engagements that support the USPACOM TCP.
• Prepare draft proposals and recommendations for Health Service Support (HSS) training objectives for incorporation into USPACOM Tier I exercises. Provide associated draft After Action Reviews (AAR) of exercises and engagements as conducted by all USPACOM service components and ensure their project reports are properly entered into the Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (TSCMIS) and Overseas Humanitarian Assistance Shared Information System (OHASIS). Ensure health portion of exercises build medical interoperability, capacity or capability.
• Provide draft recommendations for incorporation of the implementation of TSC health operations into USPACOM TCP. These recommendations will support USPACOM's annual TCP assessment. Develop Appendix and/or Annex Q to TSCP/TCP as required.
• Attendance and participation in USPACOM Operational Planning Groups (OPGs) and Operational Planning Teams (OPTs) that plan and execute TSC Health Engagements, Humanitarian Assistance (HA) and Disaster Relief (DR) missions.
• Attendance and participation in planning and policy development meetings for TSC health engagements with USPACOM Staff, JS, the office of the Secretary of Defense, U.S. Government Inter-agencies, regional allies and other unified commands.
• Identify and draft submission recommendations for potential new and existing funding streams for proposed OAA in support of the USPACOM Command Surgeon's CHEG.
• Provide planning and administrative support to various J07 meetings, conferences and planning projects.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• At least one year of USPACOM theater knowledge and at least five years of advanced joint planning experience focused at shaping and delivering desired plans
• At least five years knowledge of the planning continuum to include the Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES), Joint Operational Planning Process (JOPP), Joint Operating Concepts (JOC), and Joint Capabilities Areas (JCA).
• At least one year of detailed knowledge of USPACOM policy and strategy and a thorough understanding of USPACOM Theater Campaign Plan and Theater Security Cooperation Strategy including linkages to national interests
• At least five years of in-depth knowledge of U.S. national plans and policy to include the National Security Strategy (NSS), National Military Strategy (NMS), Unified Command Plan (UCP), Guidance for Employment of the Force (GEF), and Joint Strategic Capabilities Plan (JSCP)
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing in order to provide information, articles, written reports and presentations to include delivering executive summaries to flag and general officers (FO/GO) and Senior Executive Service (SES) level officials.
• Ability to use state of the art computers and software, and demonstrated skill in website and program design using integrated software (e.g., MS Office suite, etc.).
Employee Type: Full-time; Salary Exempt
Required Travel: None
Relocation Covered: No
Manages Others: No
Posted Date: 2/28/2013
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is an EOE/W/M/V/D.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!