- 07-Apr-2015 to 07-Jun-2015 (HST)
- Business Unit East
- Orlando, FL, USA
- $55,000 - $55,700
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, UDBE, and EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
We are seeking a Visual Systems Engineer to join our Ohana. This position will be located at Orlando, Florida.
- Responsible for analyzing geographic information about the earth's surface and the objects found on it. Provides GIS technical and analytical expertise on geodatabase development team supporting flight/vehicle simulation training efforts. Performs standard GIS studies.
- Compiles geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery and aerial photograph interpretation, and existing maps. Analyzes spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports. May meet with users to define data needs, project requirements/required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Develops geodatabase layers by entering new database features through use of digitizing techniques or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales. Follows established guidelines, procedures, and policies pertaining to data analysis, maintenance, geoprocessing, and editing/quality control and assurance. Works on problems of moderate scope. Interacts daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups. Interacts on occasion with client(s). Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or equivalent scientific discipline
- 5 years of related geographic information analysis experience, including the use of mapping, charting, geodesy, and imagery (MCG&I) source data.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, FalconView, SOCET GXP and/or other associated GIS tool suites.
- Photo/imagery interpretation and feature extraction using ArcGIS also desired.
- Required: The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret-level security clearance.
Compensation: $ 55,000 - $55,700
Employee Type: Full-time; Salary, Exempt
Req'd Travel: No Relocation Covered:
Manages Others: No
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is an EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!